You are here: Home > The Benefits of International Teaching
The Benefits of International Teaching
What is international teaching? What are its benefits? How can TIE help? The following news pieces and summary provide an outline to understanding some of the reasons hundreds of teachers make the decision to teaching abroad in an international school.
International Teaching Job Opportunities
NewsWatch recently aired a story about the thriving job market for international teaching jobs. During a time when American teachers are facing fewer jobs, the international education market is currently experiencing phenomenal growth. One company that is leading the way in placing teachers in positions overseas is The International Educator, or better known as TIE.
Looking for a Life of Adventure?
Sky High Interview with TIE President Forrest Broman: If you think being a school teacher isn't the way to have a life of adventure then maybe you better listen! What is international teaching? What are its benefits? How can TIE help? Find out in this interview that was aired on American Airlines Sky High inflight service.
Advantages of teaching overseas:
- There are over 900 K-12 overseas American, Anglo-American, British and international schools worldwide
- Teach abroad in first rate, private international schools with excellent faculty and facilities
- Excellent, tax-free salaries (in many locations) for overseas teaching
- Teach abroad in English - no foreign language necessary
- International (multicultural) student body
- Small class sizes when teaching overseas
- Opportunity to save significant funds from overseas teaching
- 5000 teaching overseas vacancies each year
- English-speaking K-12 teachers of all subjects recruited to teach abroad from countries including the US, UK, Canada, and Australia
- Gain international experience
- Become part of a team of innovative, creative educators enjoying the experience of the overseas teaching adventure
- See the world - the pyramids of Egypt, the Great Wall of China, the rainforest of Venezuela!
Most schools provide the following benefits:
- Housing/housing allowance
- Round-trip transportation/travel allowance
- Health/life/accident insurance
- Pension funds
- Annual home leave
- Free tuition in excellent schools for family members
For information on getting a job in an international school read our Guide to Teaching Overseas.